As a mobile DJ I’ve done many events (banquets, weddings, corporate, etc). We try our very best to get as many people as we can on the dance floor and keep them there.
Here are ten songs that we have found to get people movin' and grovin' and create an awesome party vibe.
Here are Ten Party “GO-TO” Songs That Will Get Your Dance Floor Packed!
1. Billy Idol – Mony Mony. I was in high school when this song came out and after about a year I all my friends were adding or modifying the lyrics (I will not repeat them here). After 35 years, this song is still a favourite and yes, some people still sing the alternate lyrics.
2. Earth, Wind & Fire – September. It doesn’t matter how old you are, this song works for everyone. Whether you love Heavy Metal, Rap, Hip Hop, this song transcends all genres and ages.
3. Kool and the Gang – Celebration – I remember roller skating to this song in 1980, a few years before it got any radio airplay. We can play this song at any event we do from an elementary school dance to a retirement center and it will get people moving.
4. The Village People – YMCA. For many years I think this was a guilty pleasure for a lot of people. When I was a teenager in the 80s and disco was dead, it wasn’t cool to like YMCA. However, it has seen major resurgence in the last few years, especially with the help of the Despicable Me Minions. Even if people don’t’ dance to it, we always see them doing letters with their arms in their seats.
5. ABBA – Dancing Queen. The only number one hit for ABBA in the US. ABBA is one of the best-selling artists of all time. I don’t think there is anybody in the modern world that doesn’t know this song. ABBA is known for writing songs with infectious melodies and this is them at their best. The movie Mamma Mia really helped to get this song as a must play at any event we do.
6. Pitbull – Timber. This song just works. Even though it’s a few years old it still gets people moving. It’s a great crossover song to get both country fans and hip-hop fans on the dance floor..
7. Journey – Don’t Stop Believing. This moderate tempo song is both a slow song and fast song. We routinely see couples dancing to this this as well as single people. This is what we call an anthem and usually has the whole crowd singing at the top of their lungs.
8. Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama. This song is one that I usually hold back unit the 2nd hour. When we get a crowd that just isn’t into dancing, I’ll throw this on and I will guarantee you I will get at least one (usually more) cheer or whistle from the crowd.
9. Neil Diamond – Sweet Caroline. Released in 1969 by master song writer Neil Diamond this song never fails, ever. It never gets old, or over played and is a absolute treat to watch 200 plus people sing “Ba Ba Ba” or “So Good, So Good”. Another song I usually hold back to the 2nd hour to help recharge the dance floor.
10. Flo Rida – Low. Aimed at a younger audience and I don’t usually play this at wedding until the 3rd hour, it gets the dance floor packed every time.
There you have it, Ten Party “GO-TO” Songs That Will Get Your Dance Floor Packed!
Some honourable mentions:
Bee Gees – Staying Alive
Walk the Moon – Shut Up and Dance
Katy Perry – Hot and Cold
Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
AC/DC – You should Me All Night Long
B52’s – Love Shack
Spice Girls – Wannabe
Sister Sledge – We are Family
Bob Seger – Old Time Rock n Roll
The Beatles – Twist and Shout
And at least a 100 more!
Also Check out:
5 Facts You Didn't Know About :"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey
5 Facts You Didn't Know About :"You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC
5 Facts You Didn't Know About: "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins
5 Facts You Didn't Know About: "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac
For more visit our BLOG
Starlight DJ Services is a mobile DJ and Entertainment company based in Dorchester, Ontario and services all of South Western Ontario.
Contact us for your free personalized quote HERE
Weddings | School Dances | Corporate Events | Private Parties
Thames Valley District School Board Approved Vendor